Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Choose the faction you would want to be part of if you were a drow?

Val of Sharen
6%
Vel of Sharen
3%
Sarghress
17%
Beldrobbaen
11%
Illhar'dro
4%
Vloz'ress
14%
Nal'sarkoth
8%
Kyorl'solenurn
7%
Jaal'darya
8%
Sullissin'rune
8%
Balvhakara
6%
Jie'yen
3%
Nidraa'chal
3%
Kal'yantra
1%
Black sun
1%

Total votes : 269

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Alamut » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 pm

If I would have to make a decision based on my own personality I would choose the Belds. Slightly introverted, likes the colour black... It fits.

But I can choose the clan which part I would LIKE to be in the story I can only say Vloz'ress all the way! Sure 15 years ago they were a bunch of psychopathic killers and demon worshippers but look at them now. Kiel turned them into a bunch of anarchistic underdogs and idealists, too crappy or different minded to fit into any other clan. The Vloz give EVERYONE a second chance and sanity was always overrated :w
Alamut
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Shynte » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Seeing how as the Duskies got no lovin with this pole, I'm gonna have to go with Sullissin'rune.

Empathy ftw
Shynte
Nether Seed

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Cinnamon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Personality wise: Illhar'dro
I like music, art, and I'm fairly good at come up with creative ideas.

Clan I'm most interested in: Jaal'darya
I think it's cool with whole science blend in there. I love science and I love genetic science. Sadly, I don't really get that into it and I have icky things.

Clan I'd probably be born into: Sullisin'rune
I've a certain like for style, a care for fashion, and an eye for detail. I tend to come off as a lay-about, but I'm said to be perceptive despite this. Not to mention my family's love of History.
Cinnamon
Tainted

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Seraphiel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:38 am

woohoo! sarghress all the way! 2005-2014!!!
Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby EldritchTeacup » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:29 am

While I appreciate art and music... honestly I'd be a Vol'rez..
EldritchTeacup
Nether Spawn

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Paindancer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:05 am

Finally time to pick a side I suppose. I have the mask, interested in demon co-existance.. yep..Vloz'ress
Paindancer
Tainted

Postby Demetirus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:02 pm

I'd be most interested in the Jie'yen but I know I'd likely not be the best agent. Regardless of that, I went with Jie'yen for the poll simply because I think they're pretty awesome and I've always had a love for monk and assassin type characters in video games (Ragnarok Online was one of my earliest MMOs for a reason).

In reality, I'd probably be a Balvhakara given my interest (and rl work!) in technology and information. If Sara is any indication, my personality might fit better there too.
Demetirus
Nether Seed

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Given a choice, I'd have to go Sarghress. Sure, life is difficult there, but it's the clan with the most equal opportunity for advancement. Honesty, integrity, hard work, and most importantly, loyalty will get you up the ranks in a hurry, even for "goblin" races like the hermes. Just look at the example Vaelia set. She's got a drow looking after her children, not just willingly but HONORED to do so when she can't look after them herself. That says a lot.

Furthermore, there's the way Ariel runs her district. She rules with a firm, but gentle hand and has led her people to prosperity. So much so, that thieves and counterfeiters are drawn there. As for that thief prior to the V'loz attack, he actually got off easy. In our world, even in civilized countries, someone convicted of grand theft via counterfeiting would face a minimum five year prison sentence, and possibly a six figure fine, along with becoming a felon. He was sentenced to work for one year for the shop he stole from, and simply had his possessions confiscated. For a race that lives centuries, this is nothing.

The Sharen clan is, or was, the lap of luxury, and a nest of vipers. Living there, you never know if it's your neighbor, your boss, or your underling that's going to put a dagger in your back, and that's before the Dark Sun mercenaries started rounding up people in droves to enslave them.

The Kyorls, for the most part, are religious fanatics, and as poor Petri'cho found out, it's all too easy to find yourself on the "wrong side of doctrine" and have your life torn apart.

The V'lozrez are the scum of Chel and they know it.

The Sulisrune... well. If you don't mind your emotions being an open book, you might be able to live there, but if you do, expect plenty of mind rape.

I can't really speak for the other clans as I haven't seen much of them, but what I HAVE seen tends to be rather unpleasant.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Given a choice, I'd have to go Sarghress. Sure, life is difficult there, but it's the clan with the most equal opportunity for advancement. Honesty, integrity, hard work, and most importantly, loyalty will get you up the ranks in a hurry, even for "goblin" races like the hermes. Just look at the example Vaelia set. She's got a drow looking after her children, not just willingly but HONORED to do so when she can't look after them herself. That says a lot.

Furthermore, there's the way Ariel runs her district. She rules with a firm, but gentle hand and has led her people to prosperity. So much so, that thieves and counterfeiters are drawn there. As for that thief prior to the V'loz attack, he actually got off easy. In our world, even in civilized countries, someone convicted of grand theft via counterfeiting would face a minimum five year prison sentence, and possibly a six figure fine, along with becoming a felon. He was sentenced to work for one year for the shop he stole from, and simply had his possessions confiscated. For a race that lives centuries, this is nothing.

The Sharen clan is, or was, the lap of luxury, and a nest of vipers. Living there, you never know if it's your neighbor, your boss, or your underling that's going to put a dagger in your back, and that's before the Dark Sun mercenaries started rounding up people in droves to enslave them.

The Kyorls, for the most part, are religious fanatics, and as poor Petri'cho found out, it's all too easy to find yourself on the "wrong side of doctrine" and have your life torn apart.

The V'lozrez are the scum of Chel and they know it.

The Sulisrune... well. If you don't mind your emotions being an open book, you might be able to live there, but if you do, expect plenty of mind rape.

I can't really speak for the other clans as I haven't seen much of them, but what I HAVE seen tends to be rather unpleasant.

Well you can also advance in the Val'Illhar'dro without all the blood and killing :w

Commoners can advance through the arts such as singing, acting, dancing and drawing
Since the Illhar'dro are a mercantile clan, we also have a stronger middle class. Commoner merchants affiliated with our clan are able to progress quickly by tapping into our networks. Our queen is merciful and kind as well.

-waves tiny little Illhar'dro flag-
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:23 pm

I think you mistaken the Illhardro for the Nal'Sarkoth Sonor. I know the Nal are similar, if better in every way, but it is important to remember the distinction. 8P

(Though seriously, the Illhardro do seem racist from what we have seen, and we can see from Ariel's scholar that you can advance non-violently in the Sarghs as well)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:I think you mistaken the Illhardro for the Nal'Sarkoth Sonor. I know the Nal are similar, if better in every way, but it is important to remember the distinction. 8P

(Though seriously, the Illhardro do seem racist from what we have seen, and we can see from Ariel's scholar that you can advance non-violently in the Sarghs as well)

Which one? Diva or Niende? Both are excellent examples.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:56 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:I think you mistaken the Illhardro for the Nal'Sarkoth Sonor. I know the Nal are similar, if better in every way, but it is important to remember the distinction. 8P

Niende. I don't Diva has any rank in the clan.

Though now that you bring her up, she does seem to have some respect though. And gets paid enough to have a book collection. (Unless she steals them from the library)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:
SzordrinZaphresz wrote:

Niende. I don't Diva has any rank in the clan.

Though now that you bring her up, she does seem to have some respect though. And gets paid enough to have a book collection. (Unless she steals them from the library)

You are correct. Diva is Ariel's slave. (Or at least has short hair which indicates that.) The books are purchased presumably from the household budget. Something Ariel bemoans. Not just because they're books (Syphile's treatment did leave Ariel a bit jaded regarding books), but because the books in question are rare and expensive. Still Diva is very comfortable right where she is, and several characters have benefited greatly from her influence.

Shala, Nau, Ariel, of course, and even Chrys'tel have all become decent people, at least in part, thanks to her guidance.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby partner555 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:25 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:You are correct. Diva is Ariel's slave. (Or at least has short hair which indicates that.) The books are purchased presumably from the household budget. Something Ariel bemoans. Not just because they're books (Syphile's treatment did leave Ariel a bit jaded regarding books), but because the books in question are rare and expensive. Still Diva is very comfortable right where she is, and several characters have benefited greatly from her influence.

Shala, Nau, Ariel, of course, and even Chrys'tel have all become decent people, at least in part, thanks to her guidance.

But didn't she cast aside her slave collar, showing her freedom and is now serving Ariel as a servant, not a slave? Also, I don't think Diva had that much influence on Nau and Chrys, considering they only had one encounter.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 pm

I do recall Ariel freeing her, or at least promising to do so on the talk on the windmill. Not to mention that Ariel said a few chapters back that she thinks slavery is horrible and that she wants to end it, so I doubt she would keep a slave herself.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age