Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 55 : page 18

Chapter 55 : page 18

Postby Kern » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:17 am

The agents know the layout of the tower and where to find their target: the body of the goddess.
Or also known as the elder pickle in a jar. She must smell of vinegar.
Sorry about the delay. I underestimated the effect of Kite's absence. Both on time available to produce a page after my commissions work is done and on the willpower to draw with her gone. I'll be rearranging my priorities till then, page first, commission second.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 55 : page 18

Postby katrover » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 am

Are they going to destroy it? I don't want that to happen ... *upset*
katrover
Tainted

Postby The14th » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am

So a masked drow and a golem with a face drawn on it. Anybody know who this is?
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby MagicSkyshark » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am

They came to steal her! Or, just, to say hello?

Also, got no idea of who they might be, but I think that the second one (sad lady) is not a golem...
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby HidingGoblin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Considering that without Sharess' aura, it's pretty much just a glorified corpse, I can't really see what use anyone would have for it. Wouldn't make any sense to destroy it either, as it is just a glorified corpse without any real power or value of its own. Not unless Snadhya is planning to implant someone else's aura inside it and use it as a tool of propaganda to gather support for the Nidraa'chal. Or something to that effect. I don't know, my knowledge on living summons is limited. Do you need a sample of the original body to make one?
HidingGoblin
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:16 pm

HidingGoblin wrote:Considering that without Sharess' aura, it's pretty much just a glorified corpse, I can't really see what use anyone would have for it. Wouldn't make any sense to destroy it either, as it is just a glorified corpse without any real power or value of its own. Not unless Snadhya is planning to implant someone else's aura inside it and use it as a tool of propaganda to gather support for the Nidraa'chal. Or something to that effect. I don't know, my knowledge on living summons is limited. Do you need a sample of the original body to make one?

Well, Snads did build that super-gate for a reason. I'd lay good odds on her not knowing that Felde is roast down-town demonville right now.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby MagicSkyshark » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Curiouser and curiouser!
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Azarin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:07 pm

HidingGoblin wrote:Considering that without Sharess' aura, it's pretty much just a glorified corpse, I can't really see what use anyone would have for it. Wouldn't make any sense to destroy it either, as it is just a glorified corpse without any real power or value of its own. Not unless Snadhya is planning to implant someone else's aura inside it and use it as a tool of propaganda to gather support for the Nidraa'chal. Or something to that effect. I don't know, my knowledge on living summons is limited. Do you need a sample of the original body to make one?

Snad's body broken pretty badly if I remember correctly. And this one is just lying around, maybe she wants it for herself? Also she could pass herself off as the godess come again if she possesses Sharess' body.
Azarin
Nether Seed

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Varis » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Azarin wrote:

Snad's body broken pretty badly if I remember correctly. And this one is just lying around, maybe she wants it for herself? Also she could pass herself off as the godess come again if she possesses Sharess' body.

I agree with this. Snad is crippled and she would not actually bring back Sharess. That would be competition out of her league. However, Snad in the body of Sharess returning to Chel as its "godess" ... That sounds more like a Snad plan.
Varis
Nether Seed

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:31 pm

I think this Goddess-Empress is getting a bit moldy. We should throw it out and get a new one.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Najah » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:30 pm

I agree, Snad may be planning on transferring herself to the Sharess's body. Doing this, she secures godhood.
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Margirita » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

I think Sharess was the giant demon god. Built from 3 major parts. Sharess, her protector and those she ate who banded together and became a glutton demon. (I think the original plan changed from close the gates from the inside to absorb them all) The 2 parts used the glutton part as bait while the protector and Sharess (the white mask) went up to get the old body. (took them a while to shead the coat of demonic aura that was clouding their minds and go back to original plan.)

However just because they are back at the old body doesn't mean her aura will be able to enter it.

At least this is my drunken theory.
Margirita
Summoner

Postby 'Lement » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:51 pm

While Snad wanting to transfer herself (or trusted agent) to Sharess' body does seem most likely, as a counterargument I'd imagine she'd want to be personally present, to ensure both smooth operation and soonest transition for something so vital.

A single agent+golem (for carrying?) - that's less than what Syphile went off with. Unless she's gotten rather poor (and she still had control of Felde, last she saw), their failure is acceptable.

If this is about retrieving the body and they fail, then she's secure in making the assumption that the body won't be moved and will be preserved and she can just move off with greater forces.

Now, a giant demon summon with dark elvish body as bait (like in Puppeteer) as a suicidal mission is another possibility, of course. It'd go well with third and only not yet shown part - the demon army - on the cover, so there's foreshadowing.

It'd turn Chel even more into shit, though, so...It'd pretty much rely on pure, pristine, non-zombified Felde being worthy remaining bastion that can also deal with the Hermionne, Ill'hardo and Kavahini. Bad odds, I think, but for someone aiming to be empress it's glory before death.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:20 am

Snadhya offered to do it for Naal before, so it's safe to assume Snadhya might try to dump her old body and become Sharess to re-solidify her claim to power
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:19 am

A single agent+golem (for carrying?) - that's less than what Syphile went off with. Unless she's gotten rather poor (and she still had control of Felde, last she saw), their failure is acceptable.

In all fairness, Syphile was going into a heavily defended fortress to attack a noted warrior, these two are raiding a ruin with some squatters. They probably aren't expecting any serious opposition, especially with a big demon stomping around front.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Next

Return to Moonless Age