Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 52

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 52

Postby 'Lement » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Chain of command, what chain of command? This page is, in that sense, quite chaotic. The wolfpack can no longer pick the best option.

If that was the intention, well done.

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Now, if it can be forgiven to talk about a Relic Hunter mission that happened a while ago, the Fen Wolves squad tried landing on Snadhya's tower using hang gliders. We were driven off by Floor Dragon appearing on Snad's balcony. If that is any indication, landing on that platform will be the easiest part of this mission :P

Good old floor dragon. *checks* Over four years ago, now. Steve still reliable, and the Sarghress don't have rock+1.
Koodi wrote:Honestly I am a bit underwhelmed by the turn of these events. I mean, the airship used to be such an major obstacle... all the raided colonies, and the effort and sacrifices they had to make just to conquer it. And the minute (well, some pages later) Ariel and co take the handle, it just conveniently blows up after one lucky shot from a single cannon, yay!

Also I'm realizing now that I'm getting quite tired of the Aizen-type-marysue-villain-plots. Ofc the baddies just think of everything, are almost all-powerful, and super lucky, too... Oh well. I'm still here, commenting and reading, regardless XD

Mm. I'm not too bothered here, even if I thought the cannons were aiming too low initially, because the wolfpack turned things around on the airship the moment they had some (and far less) anti-air and air-to-air power on their own.

I do think they should have been able to handle legion with it, but that wasn't the goal.
Ardan Styyx wrote:Yeah, especially with the children, the refuges, the pregnant Chiri... They'd better have a very good B plan for sure! o_O

Junglefowl26 wrote:*snip*

Well maybe she actually did. And THAT is going to be our heroes' way out! :D
Seriously, it would be cool.

The children...could be handed to Mel, and they'd be relatively safer. Who has no reason to think they'd be dead at all, no siree.

The refugees, not so much. Though kyorl is a warrior clan, I don't think they have equipment or -in some cases- will.

And yeah airship duel could happen, if only by retrofitting formerly Tei'kaliath airship. I don't think it will though, barring Shan's metal sorcery repairing the propeller on the quick.

(They can still lift off, I think, since that Nidra overseers' platform required just the gem. But not while being cannoned down.)
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Koodi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 pm

'Lement wrote:The children...could be handed to Mel, and they'd be relatively safer. Who has no reason to think they'd be dead at all, no siree.

Oh, how I wish for that to happen! Kel getting the kids to Mel (and Zhor), safely, and getting some reconsiliation. And revealing what a piece of shit Snads really is - with Mel actually realising it to the full extent. Only then I would be satisfied with his death. One can always hope...
Koodi
Tainted

Postby Tempestfury » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:50 pm

Yeah, okay. I have to admit, I really, really really don't see this being wrapped up in one single chapter, no matter how big it is. There's just too many loose threads. What exactly happened to the Sargress over the three year timeskip? Who is leading them, how did they acquire power, and why do Quian's generals now follow her? Especially the ones like the old hound guy, the one who taught Quian's the importance of duels and honour. There's so many Sargress characters alone left to discuss and see the fate off! Let alone Ariel's elder sister and demon goddess.

And that's not even getting into a huge portion of the main characters! Ariel is the protagonist, yes. But where's our crazy fun demon gal Kiel? How she done very the timeskip? Has she been able to staple her clan back together? The appearance f Goat Girl with one of her demons in Ariel's colony is just frustrating without answers! Especially when she was getting along sweetly with her little prince Nau when we last saw them!

Talking of Nau through, how is Chyrss? At the end of the timeskip, she resolved to do her best to keep Snadhya under control, doing her best to support Zala in every way she can, and was just given a very big job that could make or break her, and the alliance. She resolved her relationship with Shinae as well, but did that change at all during the timeskip? Are they still close, or is their dividing loyalties getting in the way? And what about Sil'Lice, and her bloodline? Or what has Zhor been up to all this time, he's pretty important despite his limited appearances, how about the great Queen Diva herself? What has she been up to?!

So many questions! And only reason be chapter to answer them? I don't believe it.
Tempestfury
Nether Seed

Postby Moric » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Epilogue sometimes doesn't count.

Also, Leale was killed by Sarghress, then the demon was sealed, shortly after she ate Khaless.

Also, we might find friends in the dungeon.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Mizu » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Now that is badass, Kyo'nne. Since this is the last chapter, according to Kern's Podcast, then it doesn't look like it will end well for our anti-heroes, unless crashing into Snad's tower sends the psycho falling, and unlike Ariel, can't fly, and is already wheelchair bound.

Even then, it's going to be a Pyrrhic victory, at best.

It is? But there is so much left to wrap up!
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kran » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:31 am

Fulfilling Quintana's legacy of crashing airships. XD
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ardan Styyx » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:38 am

Koodi wrote:
'Lement wrote:The children...could be handed to Mel, and they'd be relatively safer. Who has no reason to think they'd be dead at all, no siree.

Oh, how I wish for that to happen! Kel getting the kids to Mel (and Zhor), safely, and getting some reconsiliation. And revealing what a piece of shit Snads really is - with Mel actually realising it to the full extent. Only then I would be satisfied with his death. One can always hope...

My thought exactly!

And if it is really the last chapter (WHAAAAAAAAAAAT????? :U :U :U :U :U *crying* *crying* *crying* *crying* *sweatdrop* )
There's a good chance we're going to see a lot of other major characters in this tower.

Maybe, by a very hard twist to the arm of script consistency, we might even find Snad is hosting another of her great meeting, with ALL the main characters. That would explain how surprisingly ready the defenses of Felde were.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:53 am

Moric wrote:Leale was killed by Sarghress, then the demon was sealed, shortly after she ate Khaless.

wait, when was she sealed? *eek* not here, obviously. was there reference to Laelessmon the Hello Demony being sealed during a later page/chapter?
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Riding da Mistwhale, ready to kick butt and chew bubble gum
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:44 am

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:
Moric wrote:Leale was killed by Sarghress, then the demon was sealed, shortly after she ate Khaless.

wait, when was she sealed? *eek* not here, obviously. was there reference to Laelessmon the Hello Demony being sealed during a later page/chapter?

Hmm. It seems that my memory has a few holes in it. Or rather, been filled in with things that didn't happen. Well, Leale is either on the loose, sealed, or wasted away for lack of mana. I don't see the third as likely, as this is Sarghress HQ, filled with auras, foci, golems, etc. Reincarnated Leale-demon would make for a scary bodyguard for Ariel though, just in time for the Floor Dragon.
Moric
Summoner

Postby sunhawk » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:12 am

Kyo'ne is crashing this air ship, with no survivors.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:25 am

Moric wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:
Hmm. It seems that my memory has a few holes in it. Or rather, been filled in with things that didn't happen. Well, Leale is either on the loose, sealed, or wasted away for lack of mana. I don't see the third as likely, as this is Sarghress HQ, filled with auras, foci, golems, etc. Reincarnated Leale-demon would make for a scary bodyguard for Ariel though, just in time for the Floor Dragon.

if the Hello Demony showed up in the final battle, and Feldian attempts to seal her were as effective as the Sargh sealers against Big Red the Demon God (meaning woefully unable), that would be EPIC :V then, after clearing the way for Ariel's team to confront Snadhya, just faded away, mission accomplished, that would be an exit befitting Ariel's older sister B)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Riding da Mistwhale, ready to kick butt and chew bubble gum
Clan: Sarghress

Postby 'Lement » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 am

Hello demony...

I think Laelless sealing might have been in comments, maybe. I doubt she'd have been an insurmountable threat, anyway...*

Big red, though? Is smart enough to flee from offense, cannot be sealed and...has been living in Chel'el'ssuloth for past three years?

Maybe that's why the whispering towers went down. Big Red ate them all, and their keepers afterwards. I can't help but wonder how much danger does it add to living in Chel - it took bit of time to drain Vloz'fortress floaty core, so I imagine it doesn't actually need to eat the whole city.

Or maybe big red just died due wounds taken after being cut in half and digested. Cutting in half is usually fatal.

*For her showing up here, it's kinda difficult - one way could be she took over a body, was tamed with music, was stolen by Snadhya and then recognized and accepted Mel.

Bit simpler is sealed into a gem, which Snadhya then obtained and used as personal summon to make other nether summon look like traditional summons. Would parallel the wolf Ariel played with not turning against her master earlier. Issue is why would Snadhya allow it that much free will? The sealed imperial guard who sacrificed his life to fight her had no compunctions about serving her afterwards.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Tempestfury » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 am

...Whose big red?
Tempestfury
Nether Seed

Postby Moric » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 am

'Lement wrote:Hello demony...

I think Laelless sealing might have been in comments, maybe. I doubt she'd have been an insurmountable threat, anyway...*

Big red, though? Is smart enough to flee from offense, cannot be sealed and...has been living in Chel'el'ssuloth for past three years?

Maybe that's why the whispering towers went down. Big Red ate them all, and their keepers afterwards. I can't help but wonder how much danger does it add to living in Chel - it took bit of time to drain Vloz'fortress floaty core, so I imagine it doesn't actually need to eat the whole city.

Or maybe big red just died due wounds taken after being cut in half and digested. Cutting in half is usually fatal.

*For her showing up here, it's kinda difficult - one way could be she took over a body, was tamed with music, was stolen by Snadhya and then recognized and accepted Mel.

Bit simpler is sealed into a gem, which Snadhya then obtained and used as personal summon to make other nether summon look like traditional summons. Would parallel the wolf Ariel played with not turning against her master earlier. Issue is why would Snadhya allow it that much free will? The sealed imperial guard who sacrificed his life to fight her had no compunctions about serving her afterwards.

I believe that a major component of traditional summoning involves this. The aura is sealed, but the psyche, the will that is, is not in control. Demons, however, are already ethereal entities. As such, I am not sure how easily this can be managed. Snadhya and Sha'sana disagree on how great one's control of a demon really is.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Ardan Styyx » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:17 am

Moric wrote:I believe that a major component of traditional summoning involves this. The aura is sealed, but the psyche, the will that is, is not in control. Demons, however, are already ethereal entities. As such, I am not sure how easily this can be managed. Snadhya and Sha'sana disagree on how great one's control of a demon really is.

Curiolsly, I'd rather believe Sha'sana...
However, she was puzzled by the "case Kiel", but, hey, it's Kiel anyway! :D
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age