Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 39

Re: Chapter 54 : page 39

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 am

Whizzard wrote:I know an excellent battleground, with lots of easily defendable positions where large numbers mean nothing and airship has free reign while portable siege weapons have no room to take advantageous positions. This place's name is...

Felde. }:3

Yep, they could go with the council's "compromise" of "Take the ship back to Felde and settle your problems with Snad"...

By taking the airship back to Felde and bombing the shit out of the place!

Sang would then have the unenviable choice of a suicidal charge on the airship to try and stop them, or watching Felde burn and then having the Alliance hunt them down "for cowardice in the face of the enemy."

I doubt Ariel would go with such a plan, but many of her allies, especially Ash'warren, might.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Mizu » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:08 pm

@Mizu: Eh, where I come from not killing someone for smack talking or discussing possibilities is not saintly but expected of everyone. Do you kill people who go "lol just try it noob" in online games personally or do you phone call a swat team to do it? o_O

When that smack talk and talk of attacking your home is preceded by them having actually already attacked your home with artillery weapons (and on your wedding night, no less) while ostensibly being your ally? Yes, not declaring that they have put the final straw on the camels back and attacking them is pretty damn saintly. I very much doubt that if someone fired a howitzer on my house I would be able to hold myself back, let alone if they said they were going to do it again and mocked me when I said in no uncertain terms they were not.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Smokehammer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Why did they take over Ys when they knew they couldnt hold it? Why did they take over Ys at all? What do they need from Shikomei? Troops? Yeah thats working out well.

What the F*** are they doing? Because Ariel's speech is all well and good but she should've retreated in the beginning, learned how to use her super weapon, and then worried about drawing the enemy unto ground favorable for her, not flying around bluffing and then getting her allies(potential or actual) kidnapped & subjugated. Bluffing their way into a united colony front that will crumble at the first sign of aggression is more retarded than Sarv's glorious plan of allying herself with someone who's goal was breaking down the system in order to save the system, or Snadhya's(Somehow successful O.o ) underwear gnome schemes. I'm beginning to think this comic is one enormous case for average Elven IQ being roughly 75.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Whizzard wrote:I know an excellent battleground, with lots of easily defendable positions where large numbers mean nothing and airship has free reign while portable siege weapons have no room to take advantageous positions. This place's name is...

....you want to to reinforce the enemy (many of whom know your weapon and its abilities inside out), fight near an enemy fortress with fixed siege weapons, in an environment that limits the airship's maneuverability and its range advantage?

Why not just slit your own throat and be done with it quicker? :P
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby sunhawk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:43 pm

The neutral battle ground is Machike.

I'm expecting some sort of gambit. Where they trap the legion between their fortress and another force. Either another drow group, hermonie, or embari. Though my ada is on the hhighland raiders.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:00 am

The best battleground would be an open terrain, with no civilians to worry about and no cover for the enemy.

Good luck drawing Sang there though...

Well, in any case, just staying away from a city should do fine.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:39 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:

....you want to to reinforce the enemy (many of whom know your weapon and its abilities inside out), fight near an enemy fortress with fixed siege weapons, in an environment that limits the airship's maneuverability and its range advantage?

Why not just slit your own throat and be done with it quicker? :P

Felde is not a fortress, it's has no weapons, it relies on it's people to defend it and it literally can not be sieged effectively with siege weapons and the air warfare is practically zero which is why they don't even have any anti-air weaponry.

Airship meanwhile has plenty of room to maneuver and it's firepower can not be matched. It can just fly into Felde and bombard away until all is rubble. Which is why drawing Sarghress legions there and bombarding away without care is best strategy as all it houses is enemies in the first place.

Here's what Felde's like: http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=10053
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Previous

Return to Moonless Age