Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 35

Re: Chapter 54 : page 35

Postby Tainted Messiah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:20 pm

So just been lurking as of late as I didn't really feel too strongly about much of the happenings but couple things have been building up...

1) While Kel has never been a favorite character of mine I am glad he didn't die the whole 'there is no choice' situation seemed a bit contrived just to milk an 'oh no!' moment from the readers. Now if that moment lead to some sort of confrontation between Kel and Ariel for her consistently reckless behavior that could be interesting.. but I doubt it.

2) For Sang and the legion... if I am understanding things correctly they have been chasing an airship... using direwolves mind you... across the rim for days/weeks with reduced mana.... bringing heavy artillery like crossbolts... and they not only caught up to them within a couple hours of them landing but also caught them by surprise?!?! honestly not sure where to start with that. *eek* ^^; XD

3) DA HELL YOU NOT FIRING ON THEM FOR? seriously they have complete air superiority and could at least give them a reason to hesitate chasing down and attempting to kill them AGAIN with complete impunity... or at the very least even if this is another Ariel stupidity moment if your not all a bunch of complete tools destroy the ballista's so they can't harpoon you next time you meet! if they just retreat without any payback I may very well loose my mind haha

.... thats all for now.. looking at this I am obviously being a bit more critical of the things that are bugging me but because forum's don't really allow for nuance in conversation let me be clear. I am enjoying the increase in action and the fact that some characters are seemingly not invincible like they were with the herms all be it with the use of fairly minor flesh wounds with the exception of poor Kel who keeps getting the crap beaten out of him.
Tainted Messiah
Demon

Postby katrover » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm

HE LIVES! YES!

I don't care about anything else right now. :)
katrover
Tainted

Postby Sleel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm

So why, pray tell, arn't they using their height advantage to rain hell on the traitors below? All they have to do is stay high enough to be out of range of ballistae, which are NOT made to shoot UP. So all they have to do is bombard them to their hearts content. But they are leaving..... And they wonder why they keep getting their asses kicked.
Sleel
Nether Seed

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Okay. If Ariel's team doesn't fix the balloon the following night and return to hunt Sang's legion to oblivion, I will call bullshit...

I can buy the ship being too damaged to fight back now, but they should be able to fly away patch the balloon and come back to fight, unless Sang gives up and breaks her legion and disperse it into squads to avoid giving the ship a target to destroy.

Also, what is Sang's justification in doing this?... I mean, she is trying to return the most powerful weapon in the world back to Snadhya. If she wins and takes the ship... why not turning it against Snadhya? If she intends to do so... why not allying with Ariel and Kel? If she really intends to give the ship back to Snadhya WHY?! SHARESS WHY?!! If she loses and gets her legion destroyed while doing so... well, she is the greatest fool among a species of suicidal braindead lemmings...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 pm

alkaizer87 wrote:Yeah, she's not a little wolf. She a big Wolf, a towering one. Ariel freaking tall. I doubt sang will make that mistake, sadly.

"Little Wolf" is her official title. She hasn't earned another yet. Perhaps after she blows off Sang's golem limbs with that airship's mana cannons, she might get something.

As for why Sang's doing this? I guess she just wants to be Il'haress, regardless of the methods and screw the consequences.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby sunhawk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:31 am

The mist sea and the under world were created by a moon falling into the world. Now we have this great big round object with an immense Mana core at the middle. Around the edges are drow settlements.

What if it is all one huge nether gate in the making, like Full Metal Alchemists Brotherhood?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Saffron Walden » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 am

Whizzard wrote:
Saffron Walden wrote:I would have enjoyed this better if he died. I don't think the protagonists take enough hits on this sometimes. But this is still interesting.

Hello? Lost their home twice? Lost a great leader and her whole army went into enemies hands? Lost several of their friends? There's more examples of our protagonists losing important things than there is villains losing important things... all Ariel has left is Faen, a couple of friends, Kel'noz and a few dozen colonists who can fight.

It's like saying "The Starks don't take enough hits" while watching the Game of Thrones.

True, but the defeat of the Sharen back in the war didn't feel as threatening to me, and as soon as the army goes into enemy hands, it suddenly becomes significantly less competent... liked the coup attempt though!
Saffron Walden
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Previous

Return to Moonless Age